How I'm Spending My Labor Day! | Sips & Songs | The Caroline Doll
Happy Labor Day, Dolls! I am keeping it short and sweet today. Like summer, itself, Labor Day always has a way of coming and going so quickly. I hope you all are able to relish what is looked at as the final day of summer. (Sorry, that sounds a little foreboding!) All that to say, I truly hope you are able to rest and rejuvenate today, sweet Dolls.
I am spending the day in my favorite way. All I need is a body of water (this year we are at the lake!), my fur babies, and my husband, Costa, and I am a happy Doll! Oh, and a few of my favorite songs and my favorite cocktail!
French 75 Cocktail
What you'll need:
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- Garnish: long thin lemon spiral and/or cocktail cherry
Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Shake gin, lemon juice, and sugar in a cocktail shaker until well chilled, about 15 seconds. Strain into a champagne flute.
Top with Champagne. Stir gently, garnish with a long, thin lemon spiral and a cocktail cherry.
Enjoy, dolls! This simple drink has been one of my favorites for years. Fun fact: I always order a French 75 at a new restaurant and every single time the bartender brings it to me with their own twist on it! So, have fun and put your own twist on this fun cocktail!
Labor Day Playlist
- Beyoncé — Apeshit
- Despecito — Justin Bieber (This one reminds me of my honeymoon last year every time I hear it!)
- Love On The Brain - Rihanna
- 7/11 — Beyoncé
- You Don’t Know Me — Arman Cekin
- Powerful — Major Lazer
- Champagne Clouds — Malia Civetz
- Congratulations — Post Malone (I will rap this one all day every day!)
- Hold On — Arman Cekin
- Thunder — Imagine Dragons
- I Like It — Cardi B (because #CardiB)