If I Die, Bury Me Inside That Louis Store
33 Things I’ve Learned in My 33 Years of Life
With every birthday, I’m always reminded of the countless things to be grateful for. Each year, I grow and learn more about myself and my business, and on my birthday, I like to make a list of the things that changed me over the last 365 days!
Here are 33 Things I learned in the last year!
Dilophosaurus. (What in the world is that, you ask? The terrifying dinosaur that eats Dennis in Jurassic Park. Why did I learn this fact this year? My blogger doll just had to know!!)
Unicorns never go out of style.
Pink can 100% still be your favorite color at 33.
Perfection is the enemy of joy, but the little details are the difference between moderate and luxury.
Ariana Grande lyrics are the stuff of life (Thank u, next)!
Never pop your only bottle of champagne around more people than you can serve.
There are tree nuts in everything. Everything.
They’ll always serve you a tiny margarita on National Margarita Day.
Take a photo each and every day: your style and confidence will drastically change for the better!
Things can change at the drop of a hat: How you handle it is vastly more important than the actual change!
11. Always hire people smarter than you.
12. Help those around you find their strengths and forget their weaknesses.
13. Trust your inner circle to do the work you’ve given them to do: they’ll surprise you with their ability!
14. Never stop reading and learning, for yourself and your business.
15. Your greatest advocates may only give you accolades when you’re not around.
16. A simple smile and thank you are always appreciated (and go a long way).
17. A Venti Blonde Skinny Caramel Macchiato with Coconut Milk is the greatest Starbucks drink on earth (and my go-to order).
18. Believe you are NEVER the smartest person in the room, and you’ll always learn something new.
19. People will show you who they are if you let them.
20. When people don’t allow you the opportunity to grow and evolve, it shows more about their character than yours.
21. Once you’ve broken your nail more than 3 times (in a week), it’s time to let go and let God.
22. A great texture and a perfect font can say more about your brand than your mission, sometimes!
23. Finding the perfect template size takes more energy than you think.
24. The best bottle of champagne is an Instagram-able bottle!
25. Explaining things with hand motions and sounds is sometimes easier to understand (and definitely more entertaining) than using your words.
26. Some days, checking off a to-do is significantly more satisfying than the pop of a champagne bottle.
27. There’s a million different shades of pink, perfect for every occasion!
28. Sophia Webster shoes are the perfect pick-me-up to a bad night’s sleep.
29. If it’s covered in sequins, it’s a must-have for your closet!
30. Rearranging a room inspires more creativity in your workplace.
31. Champagne and French Fries are still my jam!
32. A pink hard hat makes building a house ten times more fun.